Emdom-MM Gunslinger Sling is another collaboration between Emdom and MM from militarymorons.com. The Gunslinger sling was developed as a result of the requests from many shooters who wanted a standalone single-point or two-point sling that is compatible with the rear weapon connector of our URS single-point sling. Instead of making two different slings, Emdom and MM went a step further and designed a sling that can instantly switch between both single-point and two-point sling configurations. The sling is also compact and extremely comfortable to wear. The Gunslinger Sling is the product of a year and a half of development.
- Shares the same weapon connector as our URS single-point sling
- The Gunslinger Sling permits single-point and two-point sling configuration
- Sling has two smart sling length adjustment (Fixed length and Quick length)
- Sling allows ambidextrous weapon operations
- Allows rapid strong or weak side transitions
- Allows rapid primary-secondary weapon switches
- Emergency weapon detachment
- Immediate weapon re-attachment (grab-lock-go).
The Gunslinger Sling can be divided into 5 key sections:
1) Rear weapon connector: Essentially the same as our URS sling rear weapon connector. It attaches to the rifle receiver end plate, or to the swivel or loop at the rear of the stock. It ends with a female quick release ITW SR (side release) buckle for emergency release. To make the connector more durable, Emdom and MM add a layer of Hypalon fabric (abrasion resistant) over the webbing loop where there is high degree of tension and friction.
2) Quick connect & release section: It starts with a male ITW SR (side release) buckle which connects to the female SR buckle of the rear weapon connector. This SR buckle allows emergency release or switching between weapons. Right next to the male SR buckle is a metal D-ring where the front sling connector (H&K Snap Hook or ITW MASH hook) can be connected to form the single-point sling configuration.
3) Shoulder strap section: This section is where the 1” wide nylon webbing transits to the 1.8” wide mil-spec seatbelt webbing (Shoulder Strap). This neat transition is accomplished by a specially created 420 Denier Cordura nylon envelope. This was actually one of the bigger design challenges, as Emdom and MM didn’t want any sharp corners, extra overlapping of webbing that created thickness, or use of any kinds of uncomfortable buckles/connectors. Emdom and MM selected the 1.8” wide Mil-W-4088-6U seatbelt webbing as our shoulder strap, because it is extremely strong, supple and comfortable for long period use.
4) Fixed length adjustment section: Located near the 1.8” wide shoulder strap is a 1” wide fixed length adjustment section (from 2” to 16”). This is the part you adjust initially (according to your body / shoulder sizes), then leave alone. This section is very innovative, as most slings do not offer adjustability near the shoulder portion. Additionally, through special arrangement of the metal slider, the webbing, and the elastic webbing keeper, this length adjustment does not have a loose webbing end, and is extremely compact and tidy!
5) Quick length adjustment section: This is the front part of the sling. It allows instant length adjustment (13” to 25”) via our signature non-slip “Z-pull” sewn to a special tension loc buckle. The Z-pull is pulled forwards to shorten the sling, and rearwards to lengthen it. Finding this particular tension loc was both challenging and time consuming as there were many similar buckles to choose from, but most would not work the way Emdom and MM wanted with the webbing thickness they were using. Emdom and MM finally found one that is just excellent in both quick length adjustment and preventing the webbing from slipping under tension. The front end of the sling has an ITW metal slider to form a loop where all common sling attachments can be attached, such as H&K snap hooks, ITW MASH hooks, and QD sling swivels. (Purchase separately).
From two-point sling configuration to single-point sling configuration: The Gunslinger Sling is universal and can be attached to most assault rifles / shotguns. The rear weapon connector connects to the rifle receiver end plate, rear swivels, or stock. The front connects to whatever mount at the front of the weapon. For the best performance, Emdom and MM recommends rear weapon connector attached to the rifle receiver end plate, and use ITW MASH hook or H&K Snap hook as the front connector. These types of sling hook allow instant switch from a two-point configuration to a single-point configuration, by unsnapping the hook from the front of the weapon, and snapping it to the D-ring at the rear of the sling.
The Gunslinger Sling is made from lightweight, durable 1” mil-spec nylon webbing, 1.8” mil-spec seatbelt webbing, 420 D military Cordura Nylon, Ghillietex military plastic and metal hardware (IR reduction capable), Mil-spec metal D-ring and Loop-ring, and mil-spec #69 thread. All stress areas are bartacked and reinforced.
The Gunslinger Sling is available in Multicam (new), Coyote brown, Sewer Green, Foliage Green, and Black (note that the Foliage Green and Sewer Green Gunslingers use the same 1.8” seatbelt webbing color, but different 1” webbing). Imported.