Emdom-MM CQB AK / M4 Double Mag Pouch (Magpul PMAG compatible)
The Emdom-MM CQB AK/M4 double mag pouch is specially designed for one purpose—“high speed magazine access with absolute security”. This double duty (AK / M4) mag pouch is primary designed for 30 round AK mags. Emdom-MM abandoned the traditional AK mag design that adopts an oversized rectangular pouch body and the bulky “baseball cap cover flap” to retain the mags. The traditional design does not accommodate the curvature of the AK mags, resulting in a poor fit, and sacrifices fast accessibility for security. Many operators are forced to fold the baseball cap cover inside out behind the mag during CQB. Because of the oversized pouch, the end result is usually with the mags MIA, or unwanted magazine noise during movements.
To achieve a good fit, Emdom-MM based the AK/M4 pouch on their own CQB M4 mag pouch, and created an innovative trapezoid pouch body for the AK mag. This body has ample room at the bottom to accommodate the curvature of the 30-round AK mag. Emdom-MM also precisely calculated the height of the pouch. No matter how you insert your mags (facing right or left), the AK mag always stays upright, and the top apex of the mag is always at the center of the pouch. This “center apex position” is the key for fast AK mag extraction, optimal retention, minimum pouch deformity, and economical PALS space usage. To add more security, the external elastic retention is set at the middle of pouch body. It doesn’t squeeze the opening of the pouch closed, allowing easier extraction / reloading of mags, but can still hold one or two AK mags tightly. The Emdom-MM AK/M4 mag pouch is designed to hold the AK mags with the mag opening at the top (bullets up).
Unique to the Emdom-MM AK cover flap are two magazine retention webbings sewn on the inner side of the cover flap. These two webbings sit right next to the top apex of the AK mag, preventing shifting movements of the mags, and preventing the mags from falling out sideways during rigorous activities when the flap is closed. The cover flap is both adjustable and detachable. The flap adjusts in length to accommodate various types of AK mags. It also allows conventional Velcro closure, open-top friction fit, or open top bungee closure (self added). For CQB, the V-shaped cover flap is designed for easier tucking in behind the magazines (Velcro secure), or for insertion behind a special retention strap for more security. The retention strap further secures the cover flap in place when you draw or insert your mags in the open-pouch mode, without the flap blocking the opening.
The Emdom-MM CQB AK/M4 mag pouch will also do double duty and work with M4 30-round magazines! The adjustable lid is simply shortened to accommodate the shorter magazines. Since the AK pouch is taller than the M4 CQB pouch, there is less exposed magazine at the top of the pouch. However, there is still enough to gain a secure hold on the magazine. Also, higher pouch provides more security when the flap is tucked behind the magazines. It's well suited for slightly longer M4 magazines, like the HK steel magazine and the Magpul PMAGS. It also works well with USGI mags with Magpul Ranger Plates installed. Another plus is that the AK pouch is slightly looser, and accommodates the PMAGS, which can be too tight in some other dedicated M4 pouches.
The Emdom-MM CQB AK/M4 mag pouch is built from 1000 Denier Dupont mil-spec Cordura and all mil-spec materials. FEATURES:
- Size: adjustable height x 3.5 " x 3", Weight: 4.3 oz
- Mil-spec material & Lifetime warranty: Genuine Dupont mil-spec1000 Denier Cordura, all mil-spec material. Backed by Emdom’s lifetime warranty.
- MALICE / PALS / ALICE compatible or belt mounted: by two long MALICE clips (not included).
- Single & Double AK mag storage: fits one or two AK 30-round magazines – ‘bullets up’ configuration recommended. Insert outer mag after inner mag so floor plate overlaps on top.
- Single & Double M4 mag storage: fits one or two USGI M4 mags (with or without ranger plates / Magpuls), or Magpul PMAGS,
- Fit for both right and left handed shooters.
- Trapezoid pouch body with optimal pouch height: a good fit for the curvature of AK mags.
- Center Apex alignment: The apex of the AK mag is always aligned at the center of the pouch. The key for fast AK mag extraction, optimal retention, minimum pouch deformity, and economical PALS space usage.
- Middle-placed elastic retention: no squeezing at the opening of the pouch, fast extract / reload of mags.
- Magazine retention webbings: are sewn at the inner surface of the cover flap, right next to the apex of the AK mags. They block any side shifting movements of the mags, preventing the mags from falling out sideways during rigorous activities when the flap is closed.
- Adjustable & Detachable cover flap: fits various types of 30-round AK mags. Allows conventional Velcro closure, open-top friction fit, or open top bungee closure (self added). Also fits flash bangs, or other equipment of similar size.
- V-shape cover flap: designed for CQB application. Easy tucking in behind mags (Velcro secured), or insert into the flap retention strap for extra security.
- Flap retention strap: is sewn at the neck of the pouch, preventing the cover flap from hanging down across the pouch. It also secures the cover flap in pouch-open mode. No more "flap blocking" situations.
- Bartacked pull tab: super strong and easily access even with gloves on.
- No protruding binding tape: at rear side seams. No more overlapping and deformity between pouches. Maximizing load-bearing capacity of any modular vest or armor system.
- Water drainage grommet: for maritime operations.