PM4 (Polymer M4) Double Magazine Pouch
The PM4 (Polymer M4) Double Mag Pouch is specially designed to fit two 30 round polymer magazines, like the Magpul PMAGs with or without Ranger Plate installed, or the TangoDown ARC mag. Today's polymer magazines are slightly larger or thicker than the standard aluminum USGI magazines, and can be a very tight fit in many traditional M4 mag pouches, size to fit the USGI magazines. Also, unless they have adjustable lids/flaps, they may not the longer mags, especially when there is Ranger Plate installed at the bottom of the PMAG.
The design highlights of the PM4 Mag Pouch are:
Capability to hold various types of M4 magazines (PMAG, ARC, standard GI M4 mags, and other aftermarket M4 mags).
Fast access yet secure.
External mounting capability.
Open top conversion.
The Emdom PM4 Mag Pouch features a specially designed foldable pouch body and bottom. The design allows complete flattening of the pouch when it is empty; no more protruding top or bottom. On the outside surface are two circumferential rows of webbing where the user can mount other small pouches around the PM4 Mag Pouch to suit their needs. Theoretically (but not practically) you could mount up to six single pistol mags around the PMAG pouch (see picture - for illustration only). The user can also cross mount a wider pouch over the front surface of two PMAG pouches. The position of the two mounting webbings is such to avoid blocking the cover flap by these add-on pouches.
The magazines are secured by the 1" wide external elastic retention and the cover flap. The elastic retention is located at the middle of the pouch. It doesn't squeeze the opening of the pouch, allowing easy insertion & extraction of mags, while still holding one or two mags tight. The cover flap is adjustable (and detachable). It fits various types of M4 mags, with or without ranger plates / MagPuls. The set up also allows for open-top conversion. Because the pouch doesn't have the space for the full 3" x 2" Velcro contact that the Emdom CQB M4 mag pouches do, Emdom has included a heavy duty snap fastener on top of the 2" x 2" Velcro contact for extra security. At the end of the cover flap is a large inverted pull tag for easy operation with a single gloved hand.
The V-shaped cover flap can be easily tucked in behind the magazines to create a "pouch-open mode" for fast access of mags during CQB. The cover flap can be secured in place either by Velcro or be neatly inserted behind the flap retention strap located at the neck of the pouch. (see picture).
Open top conversion: Detach the cover flap and add a shock cord / pull tag (not included) at the pouch body. The user can easily transform the pouch into a shock cord retention mag pouch. The same set up can be used to retain larger items, such as the MBITR radio. (see picture).
Five rows of MALICE mounting bars at the back of the pouch: Traditionally, Emdom's M4 mag pouch had four rows of MALICE mounting bars which accept long MALICE Clips only. The new 5-row arrangement accepts both long and short Malice Clips. Short Malice clips is particular useful if you want to mount the pouch to web belts or ALICE bars.
- Constructed from mil-spec 1000 D Cordura Nylon, and other mil-spec materials.
- Size: adjustable height x 3" wide x 2.5" deep
- Weight: 4.2 oz
- MALICE / PALS / ALICE compatible or belt mounted: by MALICE Clips (not included)
- Five rows of MALICE Clips mounting bars: fits both long and short MALICE Clips
- Accommodate various types of 30-round M4 mags (+ Ranger plates / MagPuls): PMAGs, ARC mags, USGI M4 mags, HK M4 mags, and other aftermarket M4 mags
- Single & Double mag storage: fits one or two M4 / M16 magazines
- Foldable body and bottom: middle seam line allows complete flattening of the pouch when empty
- Mid placed elastic retention strap: no squeezing at the opening of the pouch, easy insertion / extraction of mags, holds one or two mags tight
- Adjustable / detachable cover flap: fits M4 mags + ranger plate or rubber Magpul, flash bangs, M18 smoke, or other equipment with similar size
- V-shaped cover flap + Flap retention strap: secures the cover flap behind mags, creating "pouch-open mode" for fast access
- Velcro / Snap closure cover flap + Large inverted pull tag: maximum security and fast opening by a gloved hand
- Circumferential mounting capability: mount various small pockets around the pouch for any mission necessity
- Cross mounting capability: a wider pouch can be mounted over two PMAG mag pouches
- Open top + shock cord retention capability: transform the pouch into a shock cord retention mag pouch
- No protruding binding tape: at rear side seams. No more overlapping and deformity between pouches. Maximizing load-bearing capacity of any modular vest or armor system
- Water drainage grommet at bottom: for maritime operations