Griffin Armament Fail Safe Angle Sights
Angle sights are
meant as a secondary option to optical sights in the top rail sight
plane. By adding a sighting system to an alternate plane you have
additional insurance that your sights will be there when something is
going wrong with your primary, be it loss of power, occlusion from fog,
mud, dirt, snow, or even damage. An additional sight plane is like
having an alternate route on a mission plan. Armed professionals don't
start a mission without alternate routes and they shouldn't run their
guns without back up sights.
Why fixed sights? Fixed sights are always there. You
don't have to worry about them being inadvertently folded down or
forgetting to deploy them. Many veteran soldiers are obsessive
pertaining to pre combat checks and inspections. Even missing a spare
battery from their kit load out would require correction. This measure
of attention to detail is a reality when your life is on the line every
day. Fixed sights negate the need to have anxiety over whether you have
deployed your sights and if they will be there when you need them.
Griffin Fail Safe sights are fully adjustable from the rear housing with no tools.
This does two things for the user. You don't have to scrape your
elbows up in the prone to make front sight adjustments, and it keeps the
billet front post perfectly in the center of the HK style loop for an
extremely fast target acquisition.
The flush mounted coin slot windage wont be inadvertently adjusted out of zero, and the elevation aperture is finger adjustable in 180 degree rotations for tool-less function and ease.
The Fail Safe front sight has a lobed geometry to accommodate military lasers mounted in the 12 o'clock position.
the rear aperture was extremely important to the sights. Many
prototypes were made before making a decision to go with a mid size
aperture uncommon to the marketplace. Combat apertures are typically too
large to get a decent sight picture unless firing at an extremely close
range. Likewise the common 300m apertures are too small and slow for
mid range work where most of the engagements on the battlefield are
taking place. Our aperture size is between a combat and 300 meter
aperture making it extremely fast, yet accurate for close to mid range
work. Transitions with pinpoint accuracy on targets from point blank
out to 300 meters are instantaneous with the Fail Safe sight picture.
- Billet Machined 6061 T6 housings
- Type III Hardcoat Mil-Spec Anodizing
- 17-4 PH stainless steel rail grabbers and component parts
- Fully Adjustable Rear with no tools required
- Fully Shielded front sight post protects against damage from hard use
- Machined front post in dead center of sight provides rapid acquisition every time.
- Same Cheek weld as standard sights in 12 o'clock plane for rapid transition.
- Coin Slot Flush windage will not get inadvertently moved out of zero.
- Rear Aperture perfectly sized for rapid yet accurate target acquisition.
- Lobed front sight to accommodate military IR lasers
- Picatinny / Weaver Compatible
- Lifetime Warranty