PIG Plate Carrier (Patent Pending)
PIG PC Instructional Videos
PIG Plate Carrier - The PIG Plate Carrier is the most versatile PC I have ever worn. The LIK Kit is a huge plus for limiting the amount of straps hanging off of my body armor. Having the ability to change the attachment points for the Double D ring (I love saying that) to fastex is great for my weak side. I can still ditch it quickly on one side but don't have anything that interferes with my my rifle stock on my firing side. The super small profile of the PIG rig is amazing. i no longer feel like the state puff marshmallow man in my Armor. I was a little worried when i first put it on that it wasn't giving me enough coverage. Then I realized MY ESAPI plate was in it.... made me realize how poorly I had covered my vital organs in the past. The high riding PIG PC keeps my thoracic area covered better than any other PC I have ever worn and I have a full range of motion. The way I see it, I'll survive a gut shot more than likely (although the pain may make me want to die) but my chances of surviving a collapse lung due to trauma are slim.
View More SKD Staff Picks
The Patrol Incident Gear Plate Carrier (PIG PC) is a Patent Pending design that was over two years in the making. Starting off as a modified Eagle Plate Carrier Pre-production model in 2007, we threw out the drawing board altogether and performed a complete ground-up metamorphosis based directly on a list of functional attributes we wanted to feature. The result is the most versatile, and most highly-rated plate carrier on the market.
The PIG PC is a lightweight plate carrier system that allows the user to configure the kit to work optimally with their mission profile. It is proudly Made in the USA, and offers some of the most unique features available on a plate carrier today.
Approx. weight (w/ Molle Cummerbund): 2 lbs 11 oz
Industry Firsts found on the PIG PC
Elevated Plate Profile - Most plate carriers on the market tend to carry the plate extremely low in relation to the most vital organs and vessels in the upper-thoracic region they are meant to protect. One of the main goals of this carrier was to get both front and back plates high enough to maximize protection of your vitals. An adjustable plate harness pushes each plate to the top of the plate pocket, and keeps plates centered left and right through internal velcro stabilizers. The PIG PC also places the top of the rear plate ABOVE the connection point to the shoulder straps. This allows both front and rear plates to be optimally positioned without sacrificing comfort.
One Size Fits Most – The adjustable plate harness and the internal Velcro stabilizers allow the wearer to use any size SAPI/ESAPI plate from Small through Extra Large (or similar corner cut plates) without having the plates bottom out or swim around in the carrier. The PIG is the only plate carrier that can secure this wide range of plate sizes while maintaining such a low footprint on the wearer.
Rear Padding System - The rear plate carrier features two vertical back pads that keep contact off of your spine and creates an air-flow channel to aid in increased ventilation and heat dissipation. These vertical pads flow into the integral padded shoulder straps, creating a continuous shock-absorbing feature that is extremely comfortable for extended use.
Hybrid Construction - Utilizes 500 Denier Cordura and lightweight Pack Nylon in different areas according to abrasion exposure to minimize weight.
Multiple Cummerbund Options - Now you can get all the features you want, or just those you need with regards to the cummerbund. With 2 cummerbund options and 3 side plate carrier options, you have multiple configurations to select from.
Scalable Side Plate Pocket Options - Now you can use 6"x 6" side plates as well as 6"x 8" & 7" x 8" models with the extended retention strap feature on both of our Side Plate Carrier models. The elastic expansion capability allows you to run just a side plate, or both a side plate and a soft armor backer behind it with no slop or movement in the pouch. The PIG Modular Side Plate Carrier (MSPC) adds the most versatility, securing most any size side plate with or without soft armor backer to any Molle surface.
Dedicated Plate-backer Pockets - Each PIG PC ships with a custom cut foam panel that sits inside a dedicated pocket to increase comfort for the wearer. You can access and replace this panel with a soft armor insert without having to touch your plates and visa-versa. This makes plus-ing up or scaling down a much simpler operation.
G-Hook Applications - The PIG PC is the first production Plate Carrier to utilize ITW G-Hook, easily one of the most versatile pieces of hardware available to the tactical market today. Used in the primary shoulder strap attachment, it allows the user to replace hardware in the field and select between a side release buckle or a metal D-ring assembly. The PIG PC Load Integration Kit also uses G-Hooks to seamlessly integrate the popular Eagle Yote pack to the PIG PC.
Semi-Rigid Drag Handle - The tubular nylon drag handle houses a
length of plastic tubing to increase surface area and comfort when
Split Cummerbund Retention Flaps
- By splitting the cummerbund flaps, the user is able to keep one side attached at all times through repeated don/doff cycles. The flaps' outer corners are retained by snap tabs that come up from underneath to keep the corner retained. Each flap includes a kangaroo pouch for hasty item storage or integration of dedicated flap pouches.
& Back Velcro PALS
- Now you don't have to settle for either just a velcro panel, or PALS without velcro. Both front and back plate compartments have velcro-covered PALS webbing that lets the user configure the Plate Carrier with ID patches or modular pouches as necessary.
To order a functional PIG-PC system, at a minimum you must select 1 x PIG PC Chassis and 1 x PIG PC Cummerbund. This Ala Carte system allows the user to custom configure their carrier for their specific mission straight from the vendor.
Want a Low-Profile High Mobility configuration with slick sides? Select the PIG PC Chassis with PIG-PC-CBE (Elastic Cummerbund). This is easily the most comfortable and adjustable combination.
Want to maximize load capability and run with side plates? Choose the PIG-PC Chassis with PIG Plate Carrier Molle Cummerbund (previously named: Soft Armor Compatible Molle Cummerbund) and PIG-PC-SPC-CBM (Side Plate Carrier, Molle Cummerbund).
Want Cummerbund Soft Armor inserts and the Side plate in front of the soft armor? Select the PIG Cummerbund Soft Armor Inserts and the MSPC.
Options are as follows:
- A simple 4" wide elastic cummerbund attaches via velcro to the rear cummerbund channel on the PIG-PC Chassis. When configured, user should affix the cummerbund on the bottom-most 4 inches of the rear cummerbund channel, and correspondingly secure the front of the cummerbund at the bottom-most 4 inches under the front cummerbund flaps.
PIG-PC-CBE / Elastic Cummerbund
Soft Armor Compatible Cummerbund)- Offering 10 columns and 3 rows of PALS webbing on each side, this cummerbund allows for a host of modular mounting options. Adjustments to the shock cord can be made through an adjustment slot in the rear cummerbund channel of the PIG-PC Chassis. The offset paracord pull handles aide in removal when doffing. The inside of the cummerbund is lined with loop velcro to incorporate the PIG-PC-SPC-CBM (Side Plate Carrier, Molle Cummerbund) with a webbing loop for a retention tether. *This item can be used with the Eagle Molle Plate Carrier with Cummerbund.*
PIG Molle Cummerbund (previously named
- Instantly provides you with 6 columns and 4 adjacent rows of Molle to increase your load bearing capability. PIG Elastic Cummerbund Sleeve The Elastic Cummerbund Side Plate Carrier: allows you to carry any side plate from 6" x 6", 6" x 8" and 7" x 8". The Elastic Cummerbund Molle Sleeve w/ Side Plate Carrier: combines the features of both of the previous systems into one product.
- This velcro pouch offers the user a side plate capability for the PIG-PC-CBM. Due to the large velcro engagement area inside the cummerbund, the user has a host of placement options, fore and aft, as well as by turning the orientation of the pouch. The pouch will hold 6"x 6" side plates as well as 6"x 8" & 7" x 8" with the retention strap oriented up or down. The cord supplied with each PIG-PC-SPC-CBM is for a tether to be tied through the grommet on the cummerbund for additional retention in extreme environments. PIG-PC-SPC-CBM / Side Plate Carrier for Molle Cummerbund
- When running Soft Armor in the Cummerbund, it is important to keep the Side Plate in front of the soft armor. The MSPC allows the wearer to do just that. Utilizing Malice clips, the MSPC attaches to the PIG Molle Cummerbund and any other Molle interface.
PIG-MSPC / Modular Side Plate Carrier
PIG-PC-LIK / Load Integration Kit - Utilizing the innovative
G-Hook from ITW, this kit includes all the necessary hardware to allow
for the seamless integration of load and/or hydration systems such as
the popular Eagle YOTE.
PIG-PC-Chassis includes this item as a primary attachment for front and
back plate carriers. This kit provides 2 additional assemblies to use
as field replacements, or to attach additional accessories to the array
of G-Hook anchors on the PIG-PC padded shoulder straps.
PIG-PC-GH-SRB / G-Hook Side Release Buckle Kit (2)
- This double ring
assembly allows the user to replace a G-Hook Side Release Buckle
assembly on the PIG-PC Chassis to allow for a reduced profile, and very
quick strap adjustment.
PIG-PC-GH-DD / G-Hook Double D-Ring Kit (2)
PIG Hydration Carrier ( 2L & 3L)
PIG PC Instructional Videos
PIG Plate Carrier Plate Installation
PIG Plate Carrier Soft Armor Compatible Molle Cummerbund + PIG Side Plate Carrier for Molle Cummerbund + PIG Molle Side Plate Carrier Set
PIG Plate Carrier Elastic Cummerbund
PIG Plate Carrier Elastic Cummerbund Side Plate Carrier
PIG Plate Carrier Side Release Buckle G-Hook Assembly
PIG Plate Carrier Double-D Ring G-Hook Assembly
For plate carrier fitting advice, please see the SKD post:
How to Choose the Right Size Plate Carrier
Frequently Bought Together: