PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube, Mil-Spec
The PWS Buffer tube is quite unique. Not only is it a six position buffer tube but it gets rid of the castle nut and end plate, Comes with one QD swivel point on either side, and can be installed without a buffer tube wrench!!! (I really hate buffer tube wrenches. I have broken every one that I have ever bought, so being able to build a lower without one is a huge plus.) Did I mention it even comes with the Allen wrenches needed for the entire install? The one caveat is that it's a little more difficult to install, but at least you only have to do it once. I use this buffer tube on my DI rifles and a couple different piston guns, works great on all of them. It fits perfectly (no gap) on all my rifles except the Colt (that's an old pre-ban I refuse to sell) but the small gap doesn't affect function. There's a small lip that covers the buffer retaining pin to prevent carrier tilt, and I have noticed that it stopped the slight bit of tilt on my MRP. I really can't say enough about this buffer tube - it comes with everything you need, works perfectly, seems stronger, and locks up really nicely with my Vltor IMOD stocks.
View More SKD Staff Picks
The PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube is the first major upgrade and improvement to the buffer tube in years! Unlike the original PWS EBT, this unit is made from impact extruded 6061 aluminum in order to keep the cost down while keeping the quality high.
The Enhanced Buffer Tube will resolve any carrier tilt symptoms exhibited by a short stroke piston AR and will reduce felt recoil.
The most notable features on this buffer tube include:
- One piece construction eliminating the castle nut and ensuring that when installed, the buffer tube cannot become loose.
- Attachment system automatically indexes the buffer tube perfectly straight.
- The bottom of the interior buffer tube extends a lip into the receiver, supporting the bottom rear of the bolt carrier, reducing the carrier tilt present in some piston systems.
- A dead blow buffer is securely installed in the rear of the buffer tube to reduce carrier speed by an average of 10%, and dramatically reduce felt recoil.
- Two QD sling swivel attachments are machined into the front of the buffer tube allowing ambidextrous connection of your QD slings.
- The buffer tube is fluted to allow debris to be pushed out of the way, and a drain hole has been placed in the bottom of the tube, allowing for draining of water when the rifle is parallel to the ground.
*The PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube is made to accept Mil-Spec stocks.
- Length: 7.8" (19.8 cm)
- Diameter: 1.15" (2.9 cm)
- Width: 1.8" (4.5 cm) at QD points
- Weight: 5.5 oz (156 grams)
*For use on Mil-Spec AR-15/M16 based lower recievers and/or weapons platforms.