Shellback Tactical Banshee Rifle Plate Carrier
SKD is proud to offer the HOTTEST sub-$170 plate carrier on the market- the Shellback
BANSHEE! After meeting with Shellback and reviewing the Banshee’s features, we
concluded that when it comes to function for dollar, the Banshee IS the market leader. It
may not fit the bill for everyone, but if you are new to the PC market and are looking for
a great entry-level option, the Banshee is a serious contender.
The BANSHEE Rifle Plate Carrier was designed to meet and exceed the needs of
the operator. If you are an Operator, Military and Law Enforcement alike who needs a
high quality carrier that has great load carrying capacity in a compact lightweight design
the BANSHEE is for you. The Shoulders on the BANSHEE rifle plate carrier are fully
adjustable and padded with a new advanced design feature not seen in other rigs. The
shoulder areas once adjusted slides into itself and locks in securely with a hidden quick
release buckle. On the shoulders are 2 rows of PALS webbing with elastic nylon sewn in
between the PALS webbing allowing for comms or hydration tubing to be ran through.
The front and back of the BANSHEE feature 5 rows of PALS webbing and two 2 inch
rows of Loop sewn on for flags and other identifiers. The front and back of the panels
of the carrier on the body side are also padded. Rifle plates are loaded from the bottom
front/back and secured with a hook/loop closure.
The BANSHEE rifle plate carrier includes a removable cummerbund. The Cummerbund
runs through the rig, is fully adjustable (one size fits most) and has PALS webbing. If the
Cummerbund if not needed it can also be removed, and the rig can continue to be secured
by a secondary nylon strap system with quick release buckles (also removable). The front
pocket of the Carrier has a hook and loop kangaroo type pocket to allow for accessories.
NEWS- The Banshee Rifle Plate Carrier is now L.A.P.D. Approved
for use by officers. It is on the Approved Gear list for the Los Angeles
Police Department (L.A.P.D.)
Gear shown on BANSHEE for demo only and not included with carrier. Side Plate
Pockets shown in pictures not included.
Made in the USA
- Extreme versatility with several PALS web attachment points covering the front,
back and shoulders of the vest.
- Fully adjustable and padded front, back and shoulder areas.
- Two area of loop for identifiers
- Fits over soft body armor/Uniforms
- Heavy Duty bar tacking at key stress points
- Wire, antenna or hydration hose guides
- Removable Cummerbund with interior and exterior PALS for side plates-NEW
- Low Profile/ Lightweight
- Quick Release Buckle secondary securing system
- 1000 Cordura
- Drag Handle- NEW
- Lifetime Warranty
- Dimensions of the Cummerbund each side that accepts soft armor: 17" x 6"
- Weight of the BANSHEE empty: 2lbs 10 oz
- Will accept up to 10x12 Level 3 and 4 ESAPI OR SIMILAR PLATES and Plate
Backers. Currently, the pockets will not accept the XL ESAPI plates.
- Now approved with the Los Angeles Police Department (L.A.P.D.)
For plate carrier fitting advice, please see the SKD Blog post: How to Choose the Right Size Plate Carrier