Vltor M14/M1A Modstock
The M14 Modstock is a modified Military/G.I. fiberglass stock, fitted with a machined aluminum adapter. The stock system is fitted with a Tangodown Battle Grip and a Vltor Collapsible Carbine Modstock. The mentioned aluminum adapter comes with a built in female adapter that accepts the Vltor Quick Detachable Sling Swivel (one comes standard with each stock kit).
Installation note: The installation of this Buttstock does not require any modifications to the firearm except for the removal of the action, which is normally done during field-stripping/cleaning.
- Length of pull: Each stock is adjustable for length of pull. The length of pull in the collapsed position is: 10.5-inches, with the stock totally extended is: 14-inches. The receiver extension has a total of five adjustable positions.
- Adjustment stock height: The stock assembly (including the receiver extension) is adjustable for height. This feature allows the operator to have a proper cheek weld with or without optics. The total adjustment allowed is one-inch.
- Grip and stock: All M14 Modstocks come equipped with a Tangodown Battle Grip and a Vltor EMOD Modstock. Both items have storage for batteries or other accessories.
- Additional storage: The collapsible buttstock mounts to a receiver extension, which has additional storage space. Ideal for a cleaning kit! To access the compartment, just remove the buttstock and unscrew storage compartment cap.
- Sling mounting: The stock adapter features an ambidextrous female connection, to mount a 1" Quick Detachable Sling Swivel. Great for single point sling mounting.
- Colors: This stock system is available in OD Green, Tan (Flat Dark Earth) and Black.
Special note before purchasing:
This Modstock is made exclusively for Semi-Auto M14s. There is no clearance for the selector switch assembly, found on the select-fire version. As mentioned above, this stock is a Modified G.I. Fiberglass stock. This stock has no special bedding or action fitting. It's made to be a drop-in fit.
This stock was developed solely as a mating system for the CAS-14/Cluster Rail handguard system. These stocks have no forward sling mounting capabilities. The original forward sling mount was removed to accept the CAS-14/Cluster Rail lower handguard.
All M14 Modstock Kit contain the following Items:
- Qty. 1: Buttstock Assembly
- Qty. 1: 1.25 Quick detachable Sling Swivel