FirstSpear STT.1 + SKD 10x12 Carbine Plate Package
Combine the technological advances of First Spear and the marketing gonads of SKD in a dirty, backseat tryst, and the only thing that could gestate is a ground-breakingly evil product like the First Spear STT (Six-Twelve-Tubes) Plate Carrier.
Add to that the ultra high performance-to-cost-ratio of the SKD Armor 10x12 Carbine Plates and a re-design of the STT to fit these plates like a custom Italian suit, and voila... TACTICAL ORGASM, otherwise known as the “STT.1”.
The First Spear STT.1 Plate Carrier features the following:
SKD Armor 10 X 12 Carbine Plate (Multi-Hit)
- First and only sub $200 plate carrier featuring BOTH 6/12™ and Tubes™ technology.
- ONLY FITS SKD Armor 10x12 Plates, but fits them PERFECTLY.
- All-Molle compatible front, back and cummerbund.
- Weights 1.5 lbs.
- Bottom flap pushes the plate to the top of the pocket for proper placement over your upper thoracic region.
- Exclusive SKD-spec loop fastener strips to add PIG AFC Pontoons for increased air flow and padded goodness.
- 3 different cummerbund sizes to maximize fit*.
- Available in Ranger Green, Black, Coyote, Multicam, and MultiCam Black
- Made in USA.
- SKD Exclusive!
The SKD Armor 10 x 12 Carbine Plate (Multi-Hit) is non-certified Stand Alone armor that is made exclusively for SKD Armor, LLC by Tencate Advanced Armor USA and has been tested to defeat the most common Carbine threats (5.56x45mm & 7.62x39mm) that are likely to be faced by professional operators.
- Size & Shape: 10x12, Swimmer, Single Curve
- Composition: Ceramic
- Weight: 4.2 lbs
- Thinness: 0.55"
All SKD Armor plates are warrantied against manufacturer defects for 5 years from the date of issue.
- 3 Rounds / 5.56x45mm M193
- 3 Rounds / 5.56x45mm M855
- 3 Rounds / 7.62x39mm PS FMJ (Mild Steel)
- 3 Rounds / 7.62x39mm API-BZ (Armor Piercing Incendiary)
How to measure for your Cummerbund
*Measure your chest around the widest part (usually at nipple height) and it should correspond with your jacket size if you know it. Compare that measurement with the sizes below to select your cummerbund.
S/M: 38"-44" (can hold 6" x 9" soft armor)
L/M: 42"-48" (can hold 6" x 9" soft armor)
L/XL: 48"-52" (can hold soft armor up to 6" x 12" wide)
If you are in between 2 sizes we recommend trying the smaller of the two sizes first. These sizing suggestions are general guidelines. There are multiple variables in play that make fitting armor an imperfect process at best but this will put most people into the size they need to be. The M/L and L/XL cummerbunds have elastic for up to 2" of additional stretch. Adding PIG AFC Pontoons will reduce the size and fit while increasing comfort considerably. This package is valued at over ($577.00).
For plate carrier fitting advice, please see the SKD Blog post: How to Choose the Right Size Plate Carrier.