Gear Sector Rail Mount Offset QD Socket
The Patented Pending Gear Sector™ Rail Mount
Offset QD Socket provides a forward mounting location for those who wish
to utilize our two or three point sling with our QD push button
adapter. It can also be used with a variety of other quick detach push
button swivels commercially available. We designed the mount to fit
perfectly flush with the Tango Down® rail panels to provide an
uninterrupted rail space.
Materials & Construction
The socket was designed and machined to
prevent rotation which in turn prevents your sling from becoming
twisted. It offsets the quick detach swivel 45 degrees allowing the
weapon to hang more naturally when slung across the chest in a ready
position. It comes complete with all mounting hardware, screws, hex
keys, and Vibra-Tite® to make installation fast and easy. Mod 3
components feature a 30% reduction in weight; an 1144 StressProof® heat
treated full width steel index, as well as the ability to index your
swivel in 8 different clock positions!
Gear Sector™ Rail Mount Offset QD Socket is constructed using multiple
base materials and is precision CNC machined from billet stock. Material
and finish processes are outlined below:
- Base Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Base Finish: Military Specification ( MIL-A-8625F ) Type III, Class II Hard Coat
- Index Material: 1144 StressProof® heat treated steel
- Index Finish: Nitrocarburising by Nitrotec®
- Weight: 0.48 ozs.
- Compliance: 100% Berry Amendment Compliant
- Origin: Proudly Made in the USA
The Gear Sector™ Rail Mount Offset QD Socket comes complete with the following components:
- 1ea. Gear Sector™ Rail Mount Offset QD Socket
- 1ea. 9⁄64th hex key for securing mount to rail system
- 1ea. Vibra-Tite® VC3™ thread locking compound.