Magpul ZHUKOV Hand Guard - AK47/AK74
The Magpul Zhukov Hand Guard is a fully-featured AK forearm for the
modern AK. The Zhukov Hand Guard casts aside traditional AK forearm
shortcomings and offers an extended option for modern shooting
techniques, an aluminum chassis for strength and heat dispersion, a
comfortable injection molded exterior for superior ergonomics, and M-LOK
slots for optimized accessory attachment.
Compatible with the Ultimak gas tube rail for optics mounting, the
Zhukov Hand Guard redefines functionality for the modern AK platform.
Installation requires permanent removal of the hand guard retainer.
- Extended length provides large gripping surface for modern
shooting techniques as well as additional accessory mounting positions
- Mounts to most AK-47/AKM/AK-74 rifles with barrels between
16.75-18.25 mm in diameter under the hand guard and greater than 13" in
- Full length, hard anodized, aluminum chassis clamps directly to
barrel and provides for flex-free mounting as well as excellent heat
- Durable polymer outer cover
- Slots at the three, six, and nine o'clock positions for mounting
direct-attach M-LOK accessories or M-LOK 1913 Picatinny rail sections
- Includes replacement polymer Top Cover
- Compatible with UltiMAK Optics Mount top cover
Zhukov Hand Guard
*NOTE: The Zhukov Hand Guard requires the permanent removal
of the factory hand guard retaining cap and forward sling mount if so
equipped. Please ensure your barrel diameter under the hand guard falls
between 16.75-18.25 millimeters before cutting your retaining cap!
- Weight, w/ Top Cover: 15.1 oz.
- Length, maximum: 11.7 in.
- Width: 1.8 in.
- Height, w/o Top Cover: 2.1 in.
Due to the wide range of tolerances of your typical AK, minor additional fitting may be required. Not compatible with Yugo pattern rifles.
WARNING: Due to extended Hand Guard length, barrels less than 13” long are not recommended.