Vltor IMOD Modstock, Milspec
VLTOR IMod Modstock - Same great cheek weld Vltor Stocks are known for, original design and length but with an added rubber butt-pad for a secure fit and a slight recoil reduction. I loved my Emod, except on issued weapons with a 4 position buffer tube, it can be too long or too short. The Vltor Imod stock fills that void, shorter than the Emod stock, almost all the features. You lose out on the bottom battery compartment but you can still carry 4 AA or 6 CR123 batteries (or a combination of the two). I recommend cutting down the Tangodown foam insert packs to place in between the batteries to cut down on rattle. Basically a smaller, lighter Emod stock. great for an SBR build. View More SKD Staff Picks
New for 2010, the introduction of the Improved Modstock, appropriately named the “IMod”. Since 2002, the original Modstock has become well known and respected by Military, Law-Enforcement and sports shooters worldwide. Even though the Modstock is considered the best on the market, Vltor believed it was time for improvements. The improvements are subtle but necessary. Feedback from end users will make the IMod the choice over the competition.
When compared to the original Modstock, the IMod series is now available to fit either the Milspec or Commercial diameter receiver extension/buffer tube. Unfortunately, the IMod will not fit both receiver extensions, so when ordering, pick the correct item and part number.
As with the original Modstocks, the IMod is offered in the conventional, “Standard” configuration and the unconventional, “Clubfoot” configuration. Even though the Standard model is the most well-known model amongst the shooting public, the Clubfoot version is a hybrid model that bridges the gap between tactical and prone shooting positions. In other words, the Clubfoot portion of the stock allows the shooter, with his/her off hand, to support the stock and to control the rear of the weapon, while shooting in prone or rested position.
All Milspec IMod kits are also available in “Combo Kits”, which include all necessary components to mount to the rear of most AR15/M16 and M4 type rifles and carbines.
The improvements of the IMod are as follows: Integral, but removable non-slip buttpad (color matched to stock components)
IMOD At A Glance:
- Rolled/angled buttpad toe with wide traction area. This will assist in running the stock high on shoulder, making the IMod system more user friendly when using web-gear and/or body armor.
- Improved lock paddle, making it easier to operate and making the contact surface non-slip when operating the lever.
- Removed most sharp edges that may cause “snag points” to web-gear or other vital equipment.
- Improved strength throughout construction of the stock chassis. This will provide maximum strength during “Mortaring exercise” or unexpected impact.
Details: Removable rubber buttpad and storage compartments. A true Modular buttstock for the AR15/M16/M4 carbine series.
Construction: Impact and temperature resistant polymer, specially blended for Vltor. Metal components are either carbon steel or stainless steel (depending on the application)
Compatibility: Milspec IMods will only fit receiver extensions/buffer tubes with the outer diameter of 1.150”, while Commercial IMods will only fit 1.170” diameter receiver extensions.
Weight - Nominal: Less than 9.4 oz. (Milspec and Commercial with storage compartment and buttpad installed)
Color Finish: All stocks have a matte (anti-reflection/glare) finish. IMods are only available in the following colors: Black, Flat Dark Earth (Tan) and Foliage Green. Foliage Green is more of a “grey” green versus Olive Drab.
- Length: 6.250” (without buttpad
- Length: 6.626” (with buttpad)
- Width: 2.500” (with storage compartments installed)
- Height: 5.210” (with buttpad installed)
***Quick Detachable Sling Swivels are available through Vltor.
- Storage capacity: Each side compartment can hold at least two AAs or three lithium CR123 3-volt batteries. The internal diameter of each compartment is 0.685”.
- Sling mounting: All Modstocks, including the IMod will accept a push-button, quick detachable sling swivel or a conventional web sling, measuring up to 1.375” in width.